CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO)
IN 2010, CIGNA offers its CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO) to eligible Arizona Medicare beneficiaries who reside in the plan’s service area. Beginning in 2011, CIGNA will only offer its Medicare Advantage HMO plan. Its current Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS) plan will no longer be available.
The 2010 CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO) plan designated service area includes Maricopa County, and the cities of Apache Junction (in ZIP codes 85117, 85118, 85119, 85120, and 85178) and Queen Creek (in ZIP codes 85140 and 85143).
The 2010 CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO) plan provides the services covered under Medicare Part A (hospitalization) Medicare Part B (health care), and Medicare Part D (prescription drugs). Under this plan, subscribers are required to use in-network plan providers for all covered services.
The CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO) generally covers:
- Inpatient hospitalizations where provider requirements are met
- Skilled Nursing Facility care, Home health care (authorization required)
- Hospice care, from a Medicare-certified hospice
- Doctor’s office visits, in-network
- Emergency Room and Urgent Care visits
- Durable medical equipment, prostheses and supplies, authorization required
- Diagnostic tests, authorization required
- Preventative care
- Prescription drugs authorized by formulary
- Hearing and vision services
- Dental services, with optional monthly premium
For more information about the CIGNA Medicare Select Plus Rx (HMO) plan, please call (480) 706-1702.